Saturday, October 5, 2013

Negativity Will Ruin Your Business (If You Let It)!


“The five essential entrepreneurial skills for success: Concentration, Discrimination, Organization, Innovation and Communication.” - Harold S. Geneen

When I read this quote about success, I immediately thought to myself if I have achieved each of these areas. After careful recollection of my past experiences, including my failures (and I’ve had many), I concluded that I’m well on my way to achieving the success I want. Years ago at a training I attended, I once heard one of my mentors who is the 2nd highest paid associate in LegalShield say, “If you want to make more money than me, then go out and get more “NO’s” than me!” At the time, I thought he was being pretty cynical and snide. It was very early in my years with the company and for all the time I’ve been a business person, I never heard a statement like that. But it changed my perception, outlook, and business sense from that point on!

This is where I began to think differently about my goals and how I was going to achieve them. I knew I needed to talk to more prospects without a care if they said no to me. My job wasn’t to “sell” to everyone but to “expose” them to my service and how it can help their families and companies. I had to work through the no’s to get to the “yesses”. Every time someone gave me a “no” I knew I was that much closer to that “yes”.  I had to completely concentrate (focus) on the tasks at hand and be discriminate with the choices I made to complete them. I’ve always been pretty organized, but needed to do a better job at it.  Without “reinventing the wheel”, using technology and some basic common sense, I’ve become innovative in my own right by how I present my business and myself to my prospects. I also worked to improve my personal methods of effective communication to my teams as well as my business prospects.

Personal development is a great tool to improve yourself and all 5 of these attributes helped me shape the way I live my life. I’ve developed a kind of “bullet-proof mentality” over the years and I use it to my advantage. No potential client or recruit can “ruffle my feathers” because they don’t see things the way I do. And it definitely doesn’t faze me at all when people tell me they’re not interested in what I have to share with them. If you let negativity affect the way you operate, you’ll never achieve the success to carry on with reaching your goals. Always remember that YOU are the CEO and President of YOUR business. Focus on the positive aspects of your business and everything else will take care of itself.

G. L. Giddings 
CEO/President/Executive Director
GLG and Associates LLP
The POWER Group Organization Team
Office: (502) 209-TEAM {8326}
http://ibourl.net/glg 


P.S. - Save yourself a lot of money and read my article about the Tax Advantages of Owning a Home-Based Business: http://ibourl.net/taxadv (PDF)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do Do You Keep Your Career Options Open?

Do Do You Keep Your Career Options Open?
Call The POWER Group Organization Team at (502) 209-TEAM {8326}!

OSBW Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger