Friday, October 18, 2013

Why Great Customer Service Will Save Your Business!


“There is only one boss. The customer. And he can fire everybody in the company from the chairman on down, simply by spending his money somewhere else.” - Sam Walton, Wal-Mart Corporation founder



Most professions tend to forget the most important part of the sales process – customer service. The Wikipedia definition of customer service is “the provision of service to customers before, during and after a purchase”. It is the thing that leads to more sales, more referrals, and more possibilities. I’m glad to be a part of a business that this is the #1 focus of the company. Many doctors don’t have any type of “bed-side” manners to care properly for their patient’s feelings. Other professions tend to focus on how to get into your pockets without any thought of how to help you with your long-term issues. As a LegalShield Independent Associate, I talk to or correspond with individuals, families, business owners, employees, and commercial drivers on a daily basis. My primary goal is to build a “relationship” with them FIRST, then introduce them to my services. I’m never going to “drown them” with my opportunity or service. If you ask the right questions, eventually, you’ll see when and how you should share your company’s vital information. I want my clients to immediately have a “WOW! Experience”.

Customer service involves being upfront right from the start for every entrepreneur. Matter of fact, I focus on “serving” my prospects so they will eventually turn into clients, recruits, or both. I tend to do exactly the opposite as everyone else, even other LegalShield associates. My philosophy is “if you don’t treat your prospects the right way, then I will!” My customers love working with me because I approach them with sincerity and care. People now a days can “smell fake” a mile away and it definitely isn’t a good look for anyone. I actually have turned business away or denied a new recruiting prospect because I felt there was going to be an issue with “their own creditability”. I do not believe in “chasing money”. I’m in the business to “sort”, not “convince”. You can’t please everyone, and it isn’t in my character to try. However, I do believe in working with individuals and businesses who see real value in what I have to offer. I don’t have time (or patience) to convince anyone. That isn’t providing customer service; that’s selling to survive!

Providing great customer service leads to customer loyalty. Once I market a membership to a new client, I make it a point to “touch base” and keep them informed about what’s going on in the company and industry. You can do this by using product-based marketing and retention systems, emails, phone calls, etc. They will appreciate that you are going the extra mile to make their sales experience with you a memorable one. But nothing beats a simple face-to-face meeting, a warm hand shake, and a bright smile. And if they are too far from you to physically do that, get creative. Do a desk top share on your computer or a Skype call with them so they can see who they’re working with. If you put customer service at the top of your sales process, you will see your business change so much that it’ll make your head spin. Now is the time to take your business to the next level with great customer service and watch your income explode in 2014!

G. L. Giddings, Director
GLG and Associates LLP
The POWER Group Organization Team
Office: (502) 209-TEAM {8326}
http://ibosocial.com/thepgoteam 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do Do You Keep Your Career Options Open?

Do Do You Keep Your Career Options Open?
Call The POWER Group Organization Team at (502) 209-TEAM {8326}!

OSBW Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger